Wednesday, 21 August 2013

First 6 Months on Blogger

I started this blog on 21st February 2013. A month later I wrote a short piece (here’s the link) mainly about the stats so thought I would update at the 6 month stage.

Page views has now just reached the 30,000 mark which far exceeds my initial expectations. The average per month is now around 6,000.

I have recently added a tab for most viewed article - current front runner is Investing for Income (part 2) followed by Asset Allocation. Other popular articles are SIPP Drawdown Review - First Year, Compare Fund Platforms & Brokers and Investment Trust Portfolio. I suspect many were the subject of a mention by Monevator!

The most popular pages (tabs) viewed so far have been portfolio(25%), basics(17%), useful sites(15%) and about(14%)

The main sources of referring sites continue to be Retirement Investing Today, Monevator and Money Saving Expert - many thanks!

I am enjoying writing the blog and I know from some of the messages via the contact page that a few people are finding some of the posts helpful so that is very rewarding. Unfortunately, in the past couple of months I have found it more difficult to find sufficient ‘quiet time’ to write the quality of articles I would like and also there is the unsettling effect of a pending house move. Hopefully all will be resolved over the coming weeks.

As ever, slow & steady steps….!

No comments:

Post a Comment